Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Reunited, And It Feels SO Good!


Elder Cole Taylor is FINALLY home!!
Yes. The day has already come and gone. Cole finally returned home from his mission!!
On Thursday September 18th my family, more family, and more family met at the airport to pick up Cole.

We were the first ones there naturally, so when another missionaries family showed up and stood infront of us, we were not very happy! (the same family whose son left with Cole! Crazy huh?!)

My dad was the look out guy. Every 10 seconds he'd say, "there he is!" He's such a trixter sometimes.. although, I think he really thought it could have been him! haha
When he finally did see him my mom ran...seriously ran up to the front of the crowd and stood there with open arms. I wish we could have gotten a picture of her, cause when I saw her RUN to the front I couldn't help but laugh. :] Good thing Jill was on top of it, and video'd everything! Too bad I don't have that footage...



Mom anxiously waiting for Cole. BEFORE the crazy happenings. Check out the look on her face! Priceless. :)


I couldn't see over the family who rudely made there way infront of us. So I had no choice but to resort to this. :)


So Cole finally showed up! He was THE LAST one off the plane. He said he would have planned it, but he didn't have to because all the Elders sat in the very back of the plane anyways. What a punk.

Look at that face!!



Crowding him. Check out Jill with the camera!

When he was in clear view our whole family--lots of extended family too--you can imagine how many were there--we all followed mom's excited reaction and ran to the front, blocking the view for the other rude Elder's family. My cousin heard one of the Elders say, "Wow I guess my family didn't even show up." Because he couldn't see through the huge crowd of my family. haha Which I find odd.. ;] Oops... Poor missionary!



First one there! I'm telling ya... she BOOKED it!

To no one's surprise I bawled like a baby as soon as I saw his face! (I am blessed with one of my mom's talents-cry on demand). All night you could find me standing RIGHT next to him! In fact, I kept touching him on his face, and arm. I just couldn't believe he was HOME! I had to make sure of it, and touching him was reasurring. haha



I finally got my hug!

Like two nights before he got home I had a dream that I was late getting to the airport, and when I finally made it there I missed him coming out. And when I did get to see him he wanted nothing to do with me! :[ I was so sad in my dream! I cried.. not for real, but almost!


This look on my face was the one I wore all night, and all day the next day!


It has been 5 days, and I am LOVING it! I have my best friend back. :] Although, he is definitely on a weird streak, he is still the same Cole. Just quieter and sweeter! Definite score with the latter!! He does whatever I want him to do! Still in the service mode. EXAMPLE: I called him up to my room this morning to kill a spider on my door, and it two seconds flat he was up there killing the ugly demon! What a hero! I also asked to borrow his car because mine was in the shop getting the tires rotated, and he of course said yes! What a good missionary! :] I have yet to try bigger, and better "acts of service" for him! Hey take advantage of it while I can right? :]

He's just so handsome!

He had a date tonight, break him in early I guess. The girl is from Flag, and way cute! So exciting! He said he was REALLY nervous about it. I told him to just be himself, and to try and not be too weird. I also told him that it was ok if he WAS weird because he could play the "I'm weird because I just got back from my mission" card for awhile.

For those of you who are wondering...He DOES have an English accent! And it IS getting very old super FAST! I always just immitate him when he asks a question, or says something that sounds a bit TOO british. It doesn't even fase him! Which makes me mad, because I am TRYING to bug him! haha The day he got back he told us in his cute (it was cute at the time) British accent, "I have to use the toilet." HELLOO it's called the bathroom! What a goober. He also asked me,"Hey Jen, what are those things called that mums push their babies in?" I sweetly replied in my best immitation accent, "those are called strollers Elda." haha Oh joy... I love him dearly! :]

I'm sure there will be more crazy, annoying, funny, things he says and I most likely will post about them.. so stay tuned!
Anyway, It's going to be a sad departure when I have to go back to reality-tomorrow. :[ I'll see him this weekend. He said he's going down to my neck of the wood. So that's cool. I love him so much and I'm so happy he is FINALLY home!!

Have any cute, cool, fun girls, who LOVE an English accent? Send them this way! Cole is probably looking for a date or two now! :]

***Thanks for all the pictures Amber!!

5 comments:

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Yea for Cole! We love having him home to! We had such a good time this weekend! And already on a date, Go Cole!

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

Yeah!! He's home! :]

And English accents...I'm definitely a fan...

Nice pictures Amber...you really captured the moment!!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I LOVE this post!!!!!! I was so excited for you guys. My favorite pictures are of your mom--and the description, NOW being a mom of sons I can TOTALLY relate. This post just makes me smile!!!

Jennifer said...

Love the post girl!! I think everyone was way excited for Cole to come home... We need to talk ASAP Jen!! Call me...

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen! I am glad that your doing good too. I love it out here.
Yeah one of the first weekends I lived down here I was at Eva's with my family and I saw Tandy and Chris. It made me laugh. We see people all the time that we know. Like Kate and Jeff Brooks are in my ward. haha.